pymt is an Open Source Python package that provides the tools needed to run and couple models that expose the Basic Model Interface (BMI).
- Tools necessary for coupling models of disparate time and space scales (including grid mappers)
- Time-steppers that coordinate the sequencing of coupled models
- Exchange of data between BMI-enabled models
- Wrappers that automatically load BMI-enabled models into the PyMT framework
- Utilities that support open-source interfaces (UGRID, SGRID, CSDMS Standard Names, etc.)
- A collection of community-submitted models, written in a variety of programming languages, from a variety of process domains -- but all usable from within the Python programming language
- A plug-in framework for adding additional BMI-enabled models to the framework
pymt is an element of the CSDMS Workbench, an integrated system of software tools, technologies, and standards for building and coupling models.
Available models and tools in pymt
|Stream avulsion model
|Coastline evolution model
|Murray, A. Brad
|Landscape Evolution Model
|Soil depth-dependent linear hillslope diffuser
|A simple snow model
|Landlab component for fluvial erosion/deposition.
|Frost model predicts the likelihood of occurrence of permafrost in the land surface based on the monthly temperature distribution
|GIPL(Geophysical Institute Permafrost Laboratory) is an implicit finite difference one-dimensional heat flow numerical model.
|GeoTiff Data Component
|A CSDMS data component for accessing data and metadata from a GeoTIFF file, through either a local filepath or a remote URL..
|GridMET Data Component
|A CSDMS data component for fetching and caching gridMET meteorological data.
|Climate driven hydrological transport model
|Permafrost Active Layer Thickness Model based on Kudryavtsev's parametrization
|NWM Data Component
|A CSDMS data component used to download the National Water Model datasets.
|Component simulating overland flow using a 2-D numerical approximation of the shallow-water equations following the de Almeida et al., 2012 algorithm for storage-cell inundation modeling.
|Hypopycnal sediment plume
|River Avulsion and Floodplain Evolution Module
|Landlab component for 2-D calculation of fluvial sediment transport and bedrock erosion
|Basin filling stratigraphic model
|Topography Data Component
|A CSDMS data component used to fetch and cache NASA Shuttle Radar Topography Mission (SRTM) and JAXA Advanced Land Observing Satellite (ALOS) land elevation data using the OpenTopography REST API.