A brief introduction of how your research can benefit from CSDMS
- Produces protocols for community-generated, continuously evolving, open software
- Distributes software tools and models
- Provides cyber-infrastructure to promote the quantitative modeling of earth surface processes
- Addresses the challenging problems of surface-dynamic systems: self-organization, localization, thresholds, strong linkages, scale invariance, and interwoven biology & geochemistry
- Enables the rapid development and application of linked dynamic models tailored to specific landscape basin evolution (LBE) problems at specific temporal and spatial scales
- Partners with related computational and scientific programs to eliminate duplication of effort and to provide an intellectually stimulating environment
- Supports a strong linkage between what is predicted by CSDMS codes and what is observed, both in nature and in physical experiments
- Supports the imperatives in Earth Science research:
- discovery, use, and conservation of natural resources;
- characterization and mitigation of natural hazards;
- geotechnical support of commercial and infrastructure development;
- stewardship of the environment; and
- terrestrial surveillance for global security.
Learn more about CSDMS through our article in Geoscientific Model Development:
Tucker, G.E., Hutton, E.W.H., Piper, M.D., Campforts, B., Gan, T., Barnhart, K.R., Kettner, A.J., Overeem, I., Peckham, S.D., McCready, L., and Syvitski, J., 2022. CSDMS: a community platform for numerical modeling of Earth surface processes. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5194/gmd-15-1413-2022.