Mark Piper, website username login: Mpiper
Member of the following CSDMS groups
- Education and Knowledge Transfer (EKT) Working Group
- Cyberinformatics and Numerics Working Group
Signed up for the mailing list: yes
- CSDMS Best Practices for Software Development, a document (under construction) that Eric, Mariela, and I have been thinking about for a long time
- Test shell type
- Installing a Python distro for testing and development
- Landing page for CSDMS software products: https://csdms.github.io
BMI and componentization
pymt is the Python Modeling Toolkit.
- The pymt landing page: https://csdms.github.io/pymt
- The pymt page on the CSDMS wiki: PyMT
- pymt documentation: https://pymt.readthedocs.io
- The pymt source on GitHub: https://github.com/csdms/pymt
I've set up a wiki page for all things Dakota.
- Dakotathon wiki page
- The CSDMS model page for Dakotathon
- Configuring Dakota on beach
- Using Dakota on beach
- Building Dakota on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
There is a tool that is similar in concept to the CSDMS Dakota interface: https://github.com/wisdem/pyDAKOTA, but it's a bit different in what it provides.
The Permafrost Benchmark System.
- Main page: https://permamodel.github.io/pbs/
- DOI: 10.5281/zenodo.1410621
- PBS executor on siwenna
- PBS server on diluvium
- PBS client on diluvium
The CSDMS Web Modeling Tool (WMT) can be found at https://csdms.colorado.edu/wmt.
Developer notes for installing and configuring WMT:
- Installing a WMT executor
- Installing a WMT server
- Installing a WMT client
- Uncategorized WMT developer notes
Like Roger Zelazny's Amber, siwenna is the one true site of the WMT executors. All others are but shadows.
WMT source code:
We're using "WMT" and "PyMT", by analogy with NumPy and SciPy (but not Astropy). Eric and I were thinking earlier that we should use "wMT" and "pyMT" to emphasize that they're modeling tools.
MediaWiki and the Ask API
- Albert has written an article summarizing all the APIs available on the CSDMS wiki
- Main page navbar entries are here: MediaWiki:Sidebar
- An article on using the Ask API to access model metadata from the CSDMS wiki
- A table of Ask API examples
- An example of counting and listing all CSDMS members
- I've had to look up how to add a signature about 10 times already
- Software Engineering and Training pages
- Text I can use on deprecated pages
Technology, talks, and tools
Software, organizations, discussion groups, etc., that may be useful to CSDMS.
- Pegasus: https://pegasus.isi.edu/
- Popper: http://falsifiable.us/
- RADICAL Cybertools: http://radical-cybertools.github.io/
- OASIS: https://portal.enes.org/oasis
- PEcAn: http://pecanproject.github.io/
- Boulder Earth and Space Science Informatics Group: http://lasp.colorado.edu/home/about/events/bessig/
- Siphon: https://github.com/Unidata/siphon
- Entrofy: https://github.com/dhuppenkothen/entrofy
- Synda: http://prodiguer.github.io/synda
- Binder: https://mybinder.org/
- Colaboratory: https://colab.research.google.com/notebooks/welcome.ipynb?authuser=1
- Mariela's Anuga example: https://colab.research.google.com/notebook#fileId=1fxJ5Piobcfz904lcVvi3n4O5eBjNGuKH