WMT 1.1 release
The CSDMS Integration Facility is happy to announce the release of version 1.1 of the CSDMS Web Modeling Tool, WMT.
WMT is a web application that provides an Ajax client-side graphical interface and a RESTful server-side database and API that allows users, from a web browser on a desktop, laptop or tablet computer, to build and run coupled surface dynamics models on a supercomputer.
With WMT, users can:
- Design a model from a set of components
- Edit component parameters
- Save models to a web-accessible server
- Share saved models with the community
- Submit runs to an HPC system
- Download simulation results
To see how you can use WMT to configure and run a coupled model on the web, check out the WMT_tutorial, or jump right into using WMT at https://csdms.colorado.edu/wmt.
CSDMS IF has added new features to WMT, and also tweaked some existing behaviors, including:
- A sign-in screen has been added. Users must login with an email address and a password to access WMT functionality. Links provide information to new users and password help.
- A short YouTube video was created to demonstrate how to use the WMT client. A link to the video is provided on the sign-in screen.
- A configuration file has been included with the client. It allows several client settings (e.g., the address of the HPC host) to be modified by an administrator without rebuilding the client.
- When opening a saved model, the owner and creation date are shown in the “Open Model” dialog. By default, users can now only see models that they own. However, if they set the public label on a model they own, it can be viewed, and run, by others. Likewise, when opening a model, selecting the public label allows a user to see public models created by other users. A user can’t modify a public model that they don’t own. They can, however, save a copy of the model with their username; the public label is automatically removed from the copy.
WMT continues to tested in the classroom by CSDMS IF personnel, using a series of educational labs.
- The primary instance of WMT resides at https://csdms.colorado.edu/wmt
- The CSDMS wiki hosts the WMT_Help page and a WMT_tutorial
- The source code for WMT can be found in three GitHub repositories:
- wmt, the data/database server: https://github.com/csdms/wmt
- wmt-exe, the execution server: https://github.com/csdms/wmt-exe
- wmt-client, the web client: https://github.com/csdms/wmt-client
- WMT 1.0 release announcement