- Vegetation community colonization as a function of local water depth. Colonization is deterministic over some ranges and stochastic in others.
- Solution of flow field in two dimensions using a cellular automata algorithm (see Larsen and Harvey, 2010, Geomorphology, and Larsen and Harvey, 2010 in press, American Naturalist). The flow field is only simulated during high-flow events that entrain sediment.
- Sediment transport by flow according to an advection-dispersion equation. Within each high-flow pulse, steady conditions are assumed.
- Evolution of the topography through sediment transport, peat accretion (which is based on Larsen et al., Ecological Monographs, 2007), diffusive erosion of topographic gradients, vegetative propagation, and below-ground biomass expansion.
- Adjustment of water levels and high-flow discharge to satisfy a water balance and compensate for the growth of vegetation patches.
This part will be filled out by CSDMS staff
See more publications of RASCAL