After careful consideration, CSDMS has decided to hold this year's annual meeting onsite at the University of Colorado, Boulder. The CSDMS Integration Facility's top priority is the safety of our meeting participants. The following measures will be implemented during the onsite meeting this year based on applicable US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines and University of Colorado COVID19 policies and protocols:
- The University of Colorado, Boulder requires all students, faculty and staff be fully vaccinated and boosted against the SARS-CoV2 virus. We ask that you only attend the in-person meeting this year if you can meet this protocol.
- The meeting size will be reduced to 150 participants maximum (to allow for adequate spacing between participants in the conference venue).
- Masking is now optional, but still encouraged indoors. Depending on weather conditions, we will encourage all participants to eat outside in the ground-level or second-floor patio areas.
- The CDC no longer requires that masks be used on public transportation and transportation hubs. Please check the following link for the most up to date information on this changing requirement. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/face-masks-public-transportation.html
- Extra masks, COVID19 Rapid Tests and hand sanitizer will be provided onsite if needed.
- Box lunches, rather than buffet style serving, will be provided this year to increase safety.
- Chairs/hard-top tables in the plenary/classrooms will be sanitized after each session. Microphones, podium and laptop surface will be sanitized between speakers.
- Roommates will not be required this year for full lodging support at the designated conference hotel.
- If an onsite participant has a fever or is not feeling well, we require them to contact CSDMS@colorado.edu or +1 (614)619-3662 immediately so that COVID-safe testing and, if necessary, quarantine arrangements can be made. If a meeting attendee tests positive for COVID19, all meeting participants and staff will be notified immediately and additional COVID-safe protocols will be implemented. Anyone with a fever or positive COVID19 test will not be permitted to rejoin the onsite meeting and will be invited to join plenary sessions remotely.
- Main US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention COVID19 updates page: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- US CDC Domestic Travel During COVID19: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/travel-during-covid19.html
- US State Department requirements for International air travelers to the US: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/requirements-for-air-travelers-to-the-us.html
- CDC Requirement for Proof of Negative COVID19 Test or Documentation of Recovery: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html
- University of Colorado, Boulder COVID19 Information: https://www.colorado.edu/covid-19
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment COVID19 public health orders: https://covid19.colorado.gov/public-health-orders
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment COVID19 dashboard: https://covid19.colorado.gov/data/covid-19-dial-dashboard
If changing COVID19 conditions warrant a pivot to a fully online event again this year, all presenters and participants will be informed as soon as possible.