Apply before: 15 February 2023
15 February 2023
The candidate will join the group implementing the project NCN SONATA BIS "Applied remote sensing and geophysical imaging in recognition of the changes of the water balance in High Arctic catchments" at the Institute of Geophysics Polish Academy of Sciences.
It is planned to use cryo-hydro-geological models for a better understanding of processes linking hydrology and permafrost under varying climatic conditions.
- PhD in Earth sciences or related sciences obtained a maximum of 7 years before starting work on the project. It is allowed to submit applications by persons who obtain a doctoral degree before the date of commencement of work.
- The candidate should have knowledge of permafrost and hydrology and will be expected to work partially in the Arctic.
- The ideal candidate should be familiar with hydrological measurements, geophysical methods, and be familiar with programming (MATLAB, R, Python) and GIS (e.g. ArcGIS).
- Experience in cryo-hydro-geological modelling (eg CryoGRID, Advanced Terrestrial Simulator).
- Fluent English enabling the presentation of results at international conferences, communication, reading and writing scientific papers.
- Outstanding scientific achievements.
- Motivation for scientific work.
Conditions of employment:
- The amount of funds for employment is PLN 10,000 gross / month (which is approximately PLN 6,000 net)
- Stage dimension: full time
- Employment period - 36 months
- Employment is planned from 1st of March 2023
- According to the NCN conditions, during the employment period, a post-doc may not receive any other remuneration from the NCN funds.
More information on the positions and how to apply: https://www.igf.edu.pl/career.php#acordeon-item-541
Institute of Geophysics Polish Academy of Sciences
Please do not hesitate to contact me in case you have any questions.
Marzena Osuch and Tomarz Wawrzyniak