Apply before: 21 March 2019
21 March 2019
See attached file:
The Postdoc will be based at the Research Group „Plant, Soil and Ecosystem Processes“ (https://www.uibk.ac.at/ecology/forschung/ecophysiology.html.en) at the Department of Ecology of the University of Innsbruck and will closely collaborate with colleagues from the ClimGrass facility and from the Universities of Freiburg and Basel, and will interact with modelling groups from the University of Graz, the University of Natural Resources (BOKU) Vienna and the Max Planck Institute of Biogeochemistry Jena. The PostDoc will have access to a broad range of career development possibilities, including mentoring and professional development programs at the University of Innsbruck, and the opportunity to actively pursue research funding and develop their own research interests.
The candidate should have:
- a Ph.D. degree in ecology / environmental sciences / hydrology, ideally with a strong background in ecohydrology and isotope applications
- fluency in English and very good writing skills
- experience in field work, in the operation of technical equipment, in quantitative data analysis, and in the publication of peer-reviewed articles
- the willingness to work in an international and interdisciplinary team
Applications should include:
- a letter of motivation,
- a CV, and
- the names and email addresses of three professional references
and should be addressed to Prof. Michael Bahn (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but submissions received by 21st March 2019 will be considered in the initial round of review.
The position is available from April / May 2019 and is funded for a period of three years.