Apply before: 25 August 2022
25 August 2022
The deadline is August 25, 4PM, Italian Time.
The position is in the framework of the "SnowTinel" project, which aims to use Sentinel-1 SAR satellite data and catchment hydrological modeling for improved quantification of snow-melt dynamics in alpine regions.
The work will involve the use of state-of-the-art hydrological snow models over alpine catchments, their validation with field observations, and the development of remote sensing radar data assimilation approaches in a pre-operational setting.
- Master degree in engineering, statistics, meteorology, computer science, computational geography or a comparable course of study
- Willing to learn computational and programming knowledge
- Attitude to fieldwork in mountain winter environments.
- Ability in team working, good communication, motivation to learn, and personal initiative
- Good English (good German and/or Italian desirable)
- Experience with programming and data analysis software, modeling of the cryosphere and hydrological processes is desirable
The position will be in collaboration with Eurac Research and the Institute for the Study of Snow and Avalanches in Davos in Switzerland. The candidate will spend a significant amount of time at Eurac Research, an interdisciplinary research center located in Bolzano, Italy.
Call on the Eurac webpage: https://lnkd.in/eq5h2Qxt
For more information please contact: Dr. Giacomo Bertoldi, Eurac Research, firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Appy
To apply to the EURAC-SnowTinel Ph.D. position, you must go through the University of Trento system.
Please follow the instructions here: https://lnkd.in/emJkuKCu
You need to apply to the position topic F Eurac - Assimilation of radar data for improving snowmelt modelling in alpine regions (“SnowTinel”)
Giacomo Bertoldi, PhD
Institute for Alpine Environment