Apply before: 9 December 2021
9 December 2021
We seek a dynamic, motivated and ambitious scientist to join an existing interdisciplinary science and modelling team on Landscape Ecohydrology to support the evolution and growth of coupled hydrological-ecohydrological modelling in urban systems. It is expected that the modelling will utilise existing data sets from instrumented research sites across Berlin. The successful candidate will have experience in the development and application of numerical models for different purposes, across various scales and environmental science contexts. The successful candidate should be experienced in combining process-based understanding with strong numerical / computational skills. Experience with programming is essential. Expertise in remote sensing & data assimilation and / or incorporation of tracers into hydrological models would be advantageous. Access to high-performance computer clusters is available to facilitate use and development of “state of the art” research models.
The successful candidate will have:
- A PhD in hydrology or a related field of environmental science or engineering
- Excellent programming and numerical skills
- Experience in the development and application of numerical models at various scales and different environmental science contexts
- A strong publication record in internationally leading journals (commensurate with career stage)
- An established national or international research profile (commensurate with career stage)
- Strong English language skills both in oral and written communication
- Good track record or potential for raising external research funds (commensurate with career stage)
- Good potential for research supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment
Other advantageous attributes might include:
- Experience in multi-criteria calibration and working within uncertainty frameworks
- Expertise in remote sensing & data assimilation
- Experience incorporating tracers into hydrological models
- Experience of working in interdisciplinary research projects
- Evidence of successful research collaboration with national and international researchers and stakeholders
The position is available from 01.04.2022 and limited to 33 month. Salary is paid according to the TVöD for E13 (100% position). APPLICATION DEADLINE IS 9th December 2021. Please use this weblink for your online application:
Enquiries or questions should be directed to Professor Doerthe Tetzlaff (email@example.com).
We are looking forward to your application!