Upload a file
- Prepare the file for upload. Make sure the file is exactly as you want it. Think about how big the file is.
- In the sidebar, under toolbox, click "Upload file"
- Next to the Source filename, click Browse to locate the file on your computer.
- Change the Destination filename to something descriptive, if necessary.
- Fill in the Summary, if necessary.
- Click the Upload file button.
If it is a large file, you may need to wait several seconds for the upload to complete.
Using Images and Image Description Pages
After you've uploaded a file, you can use it in an article, with some special wiki syntax to create the link. See Help:Images.
Your file gets its very own 'Image Description Page' within the wiki (even if it isn't an image). You should edit this page to provide more information about the file. For example, many wiki projects are quite sensitive to copyright issues, and so you should explain where you got the file from, and what its copyright status is, on the description page. Any other useful descriptive notes could also be added there.
Listing files in the wiki
There are a number of Special Pages to help you view and manage files which have been uploaded. Go to 'Special Pages' (in the toolbox on the left) and then see...