Get Lab on CSDMS NB server
How to get your lab on the CSDMS JupyterHub
Please follow the steps below to create an EKT lab and add your Jupyter notebooks on the CSDMS JupyterHub. More information about how to use the CSDMS JupyterHub can be found here.
1. Create an EKT lab
- Make sure you first create a user account and login to the CSDMS website
- Go to page https://csdms.colorado.edu/wiki/Labs_portal
- Click on "add a lab to the wiki" and enter the detailed information for your lab.
- When you click on the "save lab" button on the "Create Labs" page, your lab will be open to the public.
2. Add Jupyter notebooks
- Make sure your notebooks are available in a Github repo.
- Copy the Github URL of your notebooks and paste it in "URL to download notebook" on your EKT lab.
- Go to Github puller URL generator https://jupyterhub.github.io/nbgitpuller/link. This page will help you generate a URL which can pull your notebooks from Github and load them to the CSDMS JupyterHub.
- "JupyterHub URL": enter https://csdms.rc.colorado.edu/
- "Git Repository URL": enter your Github repo URL
- "File to open" : enter the info for your Jupyter notebooks
- After all the required info are entered, a new URL is generated (shown above the "JupyterHub URL" field). Copy this link and paste it in "URL to start notebook " on your EKT lab.
- Test the Jupyter notebooks on the CSDMS JupyterHub. You can click on "start" which is below "Run online" on your EKT lab and it will direct you to the CSDMS JupyterHub login page. After login, it will load the notebooks to the CSDMS JupyterHub if the "URL to start notebook" info is correct.
If you have any issues with login or running the notebooks on the CSDMS JupyterHub or need any other support from us, please create a Github Issue at the CSDMS help-desk to make a request. We will try our best to help you.