Get Lab on CSDMS NB server
How to get your lab on the CSDMS JupyterHub
Please follow the steps below to create an EKT lab and add your Jupyter notebooks on the CSDMS JupyterHub. More information about how to use the CSDMS JupyterHub can be found here.
1. Create an EKT lab
- If you haven't already done so, join CSDMS and login to the CSDMS wiki
- Go to the EKT Labs portal
- Click on "Add a lab to the wiki" and enter the detailed information for your lab
- When you click on the "Save lab" button on the "Create Labs" page, your lab will be open to the public
2. Add Jupyter notebooks
- Make sure your notebooks are available in a Github repo.
- Copy the Github URL of your notebooks and paste it in "URL to download notebook" on your EKT lab.
- Create a nbgitpuller link for your notebooks. This link can pull your notebooks from Github and load them to the CSDMS JupyterHub. To create this link, You can use either nbgitpuller-link utility (command line) or Github puller URL generator webpage (GUI).
- nbgitpuller-link utility: please see the instructions https://pypi.org/project/nbgitpuller-link/ for how to install and use this utility to generate a nbgitpuller link for your notebook.
- Github puller URL generator webpage:
- After the nbgitpuller link is generated, copy this link and paste it in "URL to start notebook " on your EKT lab.
- Test the Jupyter notebooks on the CSDMS JupyterHub. You can click on "start" which is below "Run online" on your EKT lab and it will direct you to the CSDMS JupyterHub login page. After login, it will load the notebooks to the CSDMS JupyterHub if the "URL to start notebook" info is correct.
If you have any issues with login or running the notebooks on the CSDMS JupyterHub or need any other support from us, please create a Github Issue at the CSDMS help-desk to make a request. We will try our best to help you.