Chesapeake FRG meeting 2009
CSDMS CHESAPEAKE FOCUS RESEARCH GROUP MEETING, April 3, 2009
|Date: April 3, 2009|
As of April 1, 2009, the meeting location has shifted to the Chesapeake Bay Program Office, Conference Room 305A. Directions can be found at the CBP website, http://www.chesapeakebay.net/directions.aspx?menuitem=14908.
|Host: CSDMS and Johns Hopkins University|
The Chesapeake FRG is the first Geographically-Focused Research Group associated with CSDMS. The group is a partnership between CSDMS and the Chesapeake Community Modeling Program (CCMP, http://ches.communitymodeling.org/) currently run by the Chesapeake Research Consortium. Follow this link to find out more about the CSDMS Chesapeake FRG.
CCMP developed as the Chesapeake Bay research community came together to cooperatively build an open source system of watershed and estuary models. Through support from CRC member institutions and the NOAA Chesapeake Bay Office, CCMP modelers have committed to developing a modeling framework that will enable free and open access to code specific to the Chesapeake Bay region. As a complementary activity to the CBP modeling program, the Chesapeake Community Model Program strives to develop a comprehensive model consisting of interchangeable individual modules covering all aspects of hydrodynamics, ecosystem dynamics, trophic exchanges, and watershed interactions towards a future linked watershed-estuary model. There are obvious areas of overlap between CSDMS and CCMP, and the CSDMS Chesapeake FRG intends to capitalize on synergies from both programs.
So, in addition to the geographical focus, attendance at the meeting will enable you to stay abreast of cutting-edge research developments applicable to many areas of study. The meeting intends to:
- get everyone up to speed on CCMP, CSDMS and model integration pathway that CSDMS is employing (modified CCA for the Architecture and framework, BABEL as the language independent compiler, modified OpenMI for interface standards, etc.),
- get everyone up to speed on appropriate Chesapeake modeling tools in use by the CCMP community,
- get everyone up to speed on the valuable field data that CCMP offers for code testing,
- develop some simple, doable short term, intermediate term and longer term goals for the group, and
- perhaps assign some tasks to the members.
Registration is closed
Circulars and Program
Please follow this link to view the agenda dated April 2, 2009.
A summary of the meeting is available at https://csdms.colorado.edu/wiki/CCMP_Reports
|Peckham, Scott||A brief overview of CSDMS, the Community Surface Dynamics Modeling System|
|Peckham, Scott||Technical overview of the Community Surface Dynamics Modeling System|
|Shenk, Gary||Chesapeake Bay Program Modeling. Past, Present, and Future|