Introduction to CSDMS Tools (Part 1): Landlab
This lab is part of the series '. Others in this series are:Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
In this lab, we will use different Landlab components for modeling earth surface processes. This lab includes two Jupyter Notebooks. One illustrates running the deAlmeida overland flow component in an extremely simple-minded way on a real topography, then shows it creating a flood sequence along an inclined surface with an oscillating water surface at one end. The other one illustrates how you can use Landlab to construct a simple two-dimensional numerical model on a regular (raster) grid, using a simple forward-time, centered-space numerical scheme.
You can create an account at CSDMS JupyterHub and test the Jupyter Notebook for this lab. Please follow the instruction in the "Lab Notes" section. If you are a faculty at an academic institution, it is possible to work with us to get temporary teaching accounts. Work directly with us by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Learn to use deAlmeida Overland Flow Landlab component to create a flood sequence.
- Learn how to use Landlab to construct a simple two-dimensional numerical model on a regular (raster) grid.
- Erosional degradatoin of an earthquake fault scarp
- Geomorphic diffusion for landform evolution
- Flood sequence along an inclined surface
[[LabNotesInstructions::You can follow the steps below to test and run the Jupyter Notebooks on the CSDMS JupyterHub server for this lab.
1. [Create a free account](https://csdms.rc.colorado.edu/hub/signup) on the CSDMS JupyterHub, providing a username and password -- they can be whatever you like 2. [Request authorization](https://github.com/csdms/help-desk/issues/new?assignees=mdpiper&labels=jupyterhub&template=new-csdms-jupyterhub-account.md&title=CSDMS+JupyterHub+account) for your new account through the CSDMS Help Desk -- if you don't already have a GitHub account, you'll be asked to make one3. Once approved, [run Jupyter Notebooks](https://csdms.rc.colorado.edu/hub/user-redirect/git-pull?repo=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fcsdms%2Fekt_lab&urlpath=tree%2Fekt_lab%2Fnotebooks%2Fwelcome.ipynb&branch=master)]]