Python Modeling Tool (pymt)
pymt is an Open Source Python package, developed by the Community Surface Dynamics Modeling System, that provides the tools needed to run and couple models that expose the Basic Model Interface (BMI).
- Tools necessary for coupling models of disparate time and space scales (including grid mappers)
- Time-steppers that coordinate the sequencing of coupled models
- Exchange of data between BMI-enabled models
- Wrappers that automatically load BMI-enabled models into the PyMT framework
- Utilities that support open-source interfaces (UGRID, SGRID, CSDMS Standard Names, etc.)
- A collection of community-submitted models, written in a variety of programming languages, from a variety of process domains -- but all usable from within the Python programming language
- A plug-in framework for adding additional BMI-enabled models to the framework
- The official pymt home page is https://csdms.github.io/pymt
- Documentation, both for users and developers, can be found at https://pymt.readthedocs.io
- The pymt source code is on GitHub: https://github.com/csdms/pymt. Go there to contribute to pymt, ask a pymt-related question, or submit an issue.
- Examples of using pymt (Jupyter Notebooks)